Thursday, June 18, 2009

Where has the time gone????

Wow...the time is just flying by these days and it's getting closer and closer to our wedding day! We are still making progress in planning the details...going to taste some wedding cake samples this weekend, we just picked out Mark's ring last night, and the bridesmaids dresses are in and look great! I also finally went to try on my wedding dress that I ordered last August...and it fits...a bit snug, but it fits!! It seems like just yesterday when I was leafing through bridal magazines imagining what my wedding would look like, and now we are down to the point of actually getting things to come together. We met with a wonderful man who runs the campus ministry at Kent State University and he will be officiating our ceremony and we are delighted to have him. The first time Mark and I met him, he invited us to have dinner with his wife Emily and their two kids and we spent over two hours there just talking about our lives and how we met and how we knew we wanted to get married. Amidst all the planning of the details of colors and dresses and cakes and venues, it's sometimes easy to get caught up in all of it and lose the true meaning of a wedding, but that night with Greg and Emily reminded us that the thing we want more than anything for our wedding day is to be husband and wife. I feel so blessed that I have found my perfect match and so privileged that I get to spend my life with him. We are looking forward to getting to see all our friends and share our most special day with you. See you soon!!!! Jocelyn

1 comment: