Monday, July 27, 2009

60 Days and Counting!!!!

I am totally blown away by the fact that we could go get our marriage license today, since Summit County allows you to get it up to 60 days prior! I am so excited for the wedding and all the fun festivities that go along with it. Mostly I am excited to get to see some friends and family that I haven't been able to see in a few years, if not more. That's the best part about weddings is being surrounded by those that you love and that love you. I was going through some pictures of my sisters wedding yesterday and it made me even more excited to have my own wedding pictures soon.

Yesterday Mark and I had a great day together. We signed up to ride in the "Sweetcorn Ride" in Richfield, Ohio. It was a 10 mile course and it was rather difficult for me since I haven't been on a bike since last summer. During the race I was reminded of why I can't wait to marry Mark. We were about 5 miles into the ride and I started to get a cramp in my diaphragm and ultimately was unable to breathe without making a horrible yelping sound. Wisely I decided to pull over to catch my breath. Mark came up and as soon as he saw/heard me, was off his bike and by my side doing anything he could to try and help. I was in too much pain to try and tell him what the problem was and that I knew I would be fine in a few minutes, but the shear terror on his face let me know exactly how much he loved me and how concerned he was about me. He gave me water and helped me calm down and was just so helpful. Within a few minutes we were back on the bikes and on our way, but he never left my side from that moment on, even though I know he could have continued at a different pace. When we got to a section that had a lot of wind coming across the road, he rode in front of and to the side of me to help cut the wind down and make it easier for me to ride up the hill. That's the best part about Mark; no matter the situation, he is by my side and ready to make everything better. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with my true partner.

See you all soon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment